Skip to main content

Writing Marathon....Saturday Night


I have finally decided , that enough is enough  and lets stop day dreaming and do something concrete.

What are my major goals:

To get published before this year ends, well that's  along term plan.

Before this month ends , I need to come up with 3 stories  , one play in English....and clear cut plan for my novel "Project Irfan" and I want to open a Bookshop cum Cafe named kashmir Book Shop in near future.

And also loose 5 Kgs by the end of this month and go regularly to GYM morning 6 am to 7 am for next 10 days.

But today on this Saturday night I want to start and finish a story write here right now...

But   do I have an Idea, any outline???...I have a couple , normally when I start penning down a story , I start with very enthusiasm , but somewhere in the middle I loose the plot and then it adds to the list of unfinished symphonies and becomes a source of pain rather than joy. But having finished another couple of books of Archer/Satyajit/Bond, I am confident I can hold my ground this time around and not let the story overwhelm me.


Lets see how that starts


Dated: 15-02-2014...11:38 PM

After a lengthy discussion with my flat mate on the my future , I finally did what i was itching to do from the last 2 months. I finished writing a story after a marathon 1.5 hour non stop writing . I normally type my pieces  in my laptop , but this time I was like  in a trance and I grabbed whatever was close to me , lest I loose  it again
It was a story I had heard long back. I still remember  how that story changed my views about ghosts and everything and how my father had to accompany to washroom that night. I was so frightened after that.

I hope I was able to do justice to the story. Most of it is in first person, and that "flow" problems which I was facing have been partially resolved and I hope my lines will make your brain Imagine  the  various situation and places the story goes into. I have finished its end this time. I have an incomplete novel and 10 other stories lying  in an obscure folder on my company's lappy. But this time I have gone a bit ahead . The only thing different I did this time was think through the whole story and imagine those things happening to me. Suddenly the fear of another In-complete story was over and a sense of adventure started. All the shitty thoughts took a back seat and only the story remained in my damaged brain. My heart beat followed the ups and downs of the protagonist and it was a treat writing about 12 pages in a single go.


Though forgot to order dinner and now at 11:38 PM all we have are a few loafs of bread left, and my hand is paining a lot.


Now ,tomorrow I will finally type it out and edit it. I may have to  read the grammar again and a check for "primary level" blunders in my piece. It difficult though , but one has to made it readable .....






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Outbursts of a Bookaholic

In my day dreams in which I imagine myself in a number of scenarios (Including the one in bed with Katrina), the one which is feel is achievable (In real life) is to write a book review. I am often surprised to find people around me who don’t read much and whenever some guy wants to take up a new book I am usually the guy who they ask for a few comments first. But my reading is not structured,   its  pretty eclectic, so people often frown when they  find out that I have not read this famous blah blah author. I often think(read daydream) how good it would be if I quit my job and just  make my living writing reviews, because I read on an average 3 to 4 books per week. But who has the energy to bring that change, recently a bug of short stories has made home  in  my wobbled brain, and talking about brains; It was only yesterday when my sister called me up and said that  she saw a brain of an addled person  in her lab. I asked how you differentiate by seeing a person’s brain whether

Deja vu

Mr. Rama Reddy is a man of habits and punctuality. He is the village head or commonly referred as the Sarpanch of his village named Pulluru. His village is one of the hundred villages surrounding the town, YS Gate, which is again 15 KM away from Chittoor. Mr. Rama Reddy is about 6 feet in height, stout, and no extra flab.  Years of working in field helps later in the age. His sun brunt dark skin is the testimony for that. He has very prominent wrinkles on his forehead. May be, he thinks too much. Like all mornings, Mr. Reddy again woke up today at sharp 6 AM. With his years of discipline and will power, he no longer needs an alarm to wake him up. His eyes would open exactly at 6 AM. This morning was no different. He unlocked his gate first, took a round of his small garden in the courtyard. Filled the water buckets and kept them in front of cattle. This took exactly 15 minutes. At 6.15 AM sharp, he was in his bathroom. Singing religious hymns, he poured two buc

The Rage of Arjun

Sun had already begun his descent. Maybe, he could no longer bear to look at the mayhem humans had created on the battlefield. Dead bodies of soldiers lying on the ground for miles. Hordes of Hyena’s and Vultures were fighting over the carcasses. The main architect of this carnage was not stopping even to take a breath as if some devil had taken hold of him. It was just difficult to digest the fact that a week ago same warrior refused to take up arms. Even the lord of three worlds who had reins of the horses in his hands looked perturbed. There was no stopping him. It seemed that Kauravas had already surrendered to his might. Arjun’s quiver was fast emptying as the sunset was close. Kaurava foot soldiers were praying for the day to end. His deadly arrows have rained on them, piercing men and animals, earth and sky alike. It would take them all night to clear bodies which Arjun had left in his wake. It was the bloodiest day yet in the Mahabharata. On the other side of th